What should and shouldn’t I do when preparing for my sale?
Here are some recommended DO’s and DON’Ts:
- DON’T give away, throw away, or sell ANY items before our consultation or sale. This is the biggest mistake that people make concerning estate liquidation. Every little thing contributes to the value and potential of your estate. By “cleaning house” prior to a sale you can dramatically reduce your end result. If you feel you must do something, we recommend disposing of perishable food and personal/financial papers ONLY.
- DON'T stress about mess or fuss about muss! We can organize your property for a sale. It is really best to let us handle all the work. You don’t have to lift a finger! Most sales can be done in one to two weeks, from start to finish. Especially large sales can sometimes take an additional time for set-up.
- DO pack and remove from the property any items you wish to keep.
- DO be prepared to be away from the property during set-up and sale. The process can be very difficult when the home is occupied. We do not set-up or host a sale in an occupied home. It can be a very stressful and emotional experience for you and/or your loved ones.
- DO leave your sale in our hands; we are confident that you will be DELIGHTED!